Monday 23 December 2013

Review: The Dom Who Loved Me by Lexi Blake

Title: The Dom Who Loved Me
Series: Masters and Mercenaries #1
Author: Lexi Blake
Published: 27th September 2011


Blurb

A routine mission…

Sean Taggart is hunting a deadly terrorist, and his only lead is the lovely Grace Hawthorne. She's the executive assistant for an employment agency Sean suspects is a front for illegal activities. To get the truth, he is going to have to get very close to Grace, a task he is all too eager to undertake when he discovers her deliciously submissive nature.
…turns into a dangerous seduction.
Soon, Grace Hawthorne is living a double life. By day, she is the widowed mother of two college-aged sons. By night, she submits to Sean's every dark desire. She's living out her wildest fantasies of pleasure—intimate acts of trust she's only read about. As passion engulfs her, a murderer strikes, and Grace learns that Sean has a deeply hidden agenda. Will Sean choose his mission and break her heart or be the Master of her dreams?

Our Sean:

Our Grace:



Aly: Hi Maru. We've read THE DOM WHO LOVED ME by Lexi Blake a few weeks ago, but I still remember with pleasure
Maru: Hi Aly! Yes we did, and I loved the book! Thanks for making me read it
Aly: My pleasure :)) Did you like the blend of erotic romance and suspense? Would you change anything in the book?
Maru: No, I think that everything worked perfectly for the story. It had a lot of suspense and the steamy scenes were AWESOME
Aly: They were, they were... )
Maru: and I liked how the author treated the age difference
Aly: I did as well, though I kind of forgot it was there very fast. I also enjoy the overall ARC with Ian and Mr. Black
Maru: yeah, me too
Aly: BTW I hate that asshole Black! I wish he were killed in this one


Maru: OMG!!! I freaking hated him!! Me too!!! the end almost killed me!
Aly: Yes, poor Adam! I almost died when I read about what happened on the stairs
Maru: Dude, yess!! I was holding my breath all throughout the last couple of chapters!
Aly: I was doing the same! But enough with the spoilers let's talk about the whole team and how they worked together. I found their interactions fascinating.
Maru: Alina! Stop reading my mind!
Aly:I don't wan't to Marina! =))
Maru: I thought the group dynamic was really good! I loved Ian, the bossman
Aly: He's my favorite, besides Liam...He had the big brother act down pat! I also liked Eve, the voice of reason even more now that I did the first time I've read it
Maru: Oh yes...can´t wait to read his book!
Aly:All of them are SO good!
Maru: Eve seemed a super profound character!
Aly: Yhea, she and Alex are a little fucked up. It hurts a little reading about them tlll they fix it up *sigh* here I go with more spoilers :))
Maru: Hahahaha...don´t spoil too much!! I didn´t get to Eve´s nook yet!
Aly: That's all I'm saying
Maru: Awesome!
Aly: Hmm, how about Sean's cooking talent? the dude is almost perfect!
Maru: L-O-V-E-D that!!! He is hotter than hell and can cook??? Where do I find one?
Aly: Yes, I'm signing up for that as well :)) though like his brother more, he has such an... edge… gives me shivers
Maru: LOOL, yes he does. What I really like about the series is that every character has an amazing side story and really deep, which makes you want to continue reading the series
Aly: It's true. And I like the writing style, it maxes them seem so... real! Now... thinking about it, I wouldn't change a thing about the book, not even the drama!
Maru: Yeah, everything makes perfect sense for the story, even the drama
Aly: I think we touched everything but the interpretation of S and M...
Maru: oh yeah...that
Aly: I didn't agree with all of it, but it worked for them
Maru: yeah, it´s like a custom made s&m for Sean and the chick
Aly: I also loved that Ian had a club and not even there he couldn't stop controlling everything :))
Maru: ahahaha..yes, Ian the control freak hottie


Aly: Please send him my way =)) All in all, I think both of us had fun reading it. I'd give it 4, because I hated that they didn't communicate with each other, Sean and Grace I mean.
Maru: Ditto baby
Aly: We'll continue with book 2 soon ;)
Maru: Thanks everyone for joining


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one too. I'll take an Ian, please. Or an Adam. Liam too. Mmm. Just enough for every day of the week :) Hope yall enjoy book two! I'm hoping to get to it soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read it about 2 or 3 weeks ago :D We just didn't get to the reviewing part yet :))
    PS: Stop thinking about Ian, he's mine! All miiiine!

    ReplyDelete