Tuesday 17 September 2013

Quote-Tastic(1): "Night Embrace" by Sherrilyn Kenyon



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!

It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

I always wanted to participate in this one and I managed to be late! I chose "Night Embrace" by Sherrilyn Kenyon :


He stepped to the door and opened it to see Kyrian and Julian standing on the other side.

They both gaped as they caught sight of him standing virtually naked in the loft.

Talon quickly slammed the door shut.

Kyrian roared with laughter. Talon cringed.

"C'mon, Tally," Kyrian teased from the other side. "Don't you want your clothes, your keys? Oh wait, how about some dignity?"

Talon opened the door, grabbed Kyrian by the shirt and hauled him inside. "You are such an asshole."

Kyrian laughed even harder as Julian Alexander walked in.

By his expression, Talon could tell that Julian wanted to laugh too, but he was trying hard not to. Talon appreciated it.

Kyrian, on the other hand, wasn't so kind. "Nice knees, bud, but the hairy legs could use a Bush Hog."

"Shut up." Talon grabbed the bag of clothes from Kyrian's hand and pulled his leather pants out. "Julian, I just want to thank you for being a grown-up and not laughing at my expense."

His hands in his pants pockets, Julian nodded. "Well, having been in your shoes, I can relate. Of course, in my defense, my towel was at least dark green and not pink."

The two of them roared with laughter while Talon groaned.

Kyrian flicked at the edge of the towel. "What is this? Lace?"

"No," Julian said, "I think it's called crochet."

Talon bared his fangs at the two of them. "Better be careful, humans, or I might decide to feed off you."

"Uh, half-human," Julian reminded him. "Feed off me and I'll give you a bellyache from hell."

Growling at them, Talon quickly exchanged his towel for his pants.

"So," Kyrian said. "Have you become Ravyn now? Do I need to forewarn Nick you'll be shedding your clothes on a daily basis or what?"

Talon rolled his eyes at the mention of the Katagari Dark-Hunter. Ravyn was a shapeshifter who often got caught naked after sunup. "No, it's a one-time thing." I hope. "Speaking of Nick, where is he? I tried to call him for this chore."

"He's in class."

"Yeah, well, he's still on Dark-Hunter payroll, so tell him to keep his phone turned on."

"Ooo," Kyrian said. "Getting testy in your fierce nakedness."

Talon ignored him as he pulled his black T-shirt on.

For other great quotes visit Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup

5 comments:

  1. 'testy in your fierce nakedness' bwaha gah I love those guys! Talon was one of my favorites. Man I so want to do a re-read. Great pick! Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to re-read the series but then new releases got in the way *sigh* He is one of my favorites as well!

    I always wanted to. Now that I started a blog I just had to, even if I were a day late :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you're good any time of the week :) One of the other ladies posts on Tuesdays I think. Just link in and hop around and whenever you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quote Aly, it's one of my favourites from the series so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine as well Sarah :)) Though IMO she has one of these WTF scenes in every book :D

    ReplyDelete