Thursday 26 September 2013

Delight your palate[#2] Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Cake



Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Cake


I made this yesterday because I felt the need to make something sweet, but with a bit of bite.





Ingredients:


1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 c sour cream ( or yogurt )
1/2 c milk
1 oz. dark chocolate, chopped [I add more, there can never be too much chocolate :D]
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 1/2 c pomegranate seeds ( from 1 pomegranate )




Time:


about 50 minutes cooking time(10 prep time)


Steps:


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar ). Add chopped chocolate and 1 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds and gently toss all together. Set aside.
In another mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients ( eggs, sour cream, milk and oil ). Add to dry ingredients and fold in until just combined.
Spread the batter in prepared pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


I used a rectangular pan, it's easier to serve that way.


EXTRA: I also add a little bit of chili. You can add any spices you want[cinnamon, nutmeg, etc] or alcohol.


!I didn't add any extra flavors but served it with a chocolate frosting(I think so, I can't seem to find the best translation of the term) that had a lot of those flavors. I'll add the recipe for it sometime next week. 


It looks so much prettier[my phone makes crappy photos] and it tastes amazing, case in point: there's less then 1/2 left.




Recipe from www.crunchycreamysweet.com.

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious Aly! Now I've definitely got a chocolate craving & it's all your fault!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum! I've never baked with pomegranates before. Interesting. And yup love chocolate frosting. I'm trying to be good and not bake right now. But man I so want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very delicious. I think I have to tell my mum to cook this desert *or, perhaps it will become appetizer? :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could, it would become my only meal :))

    ReplyDelete