Monday 3 March 2014

Quote-tastic(#24): Jealous And Freakn' by Eve Langlais

This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!

It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

This it the book that I almost finished and I couldn't stop laughing while reading it :D I present to you: Jealous And Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters #2) by 

“Need a ride?” he shouted, his mirth at her situation evident even over the engine noise.
She took a second to admire the size of him; tall, wide, and sexy in his riding gear. But, she was already spoken for. Kind of. Mitchell would eventually come to his senses and realize they were meant for each other. Hopefully before all the eggs in her ovaries expired.
“Thanks, but I don’t want to leave the present behind. I’m going to a baby shower.”
“What a coincidence, so am I. The present’s not a problem. I’ve got great balance. I’ll hold it if you hold onto me.”
Another guest for Naomi’s party, which meant he was a shifter, just like her. The smell of exhaust made her unable to sniff what species he belonged to. Not that it mattered—she already had a man, sort of, once he stopped acting like a stubborn ass.
Unsure of how her rescuer would manage to drive and hold onto the gift at the same time, she hesitated, however, not spotting any other signs of life, she didn’t really have a choice. It seemed like his offer was the only way she’d get to the party fashionably late.
“Fine, I accept. But if you drop it, I’ll have to hurt you,” she warned.
“Promise?” This time, she definitely couldn’t mistake the humor.
“Pig.” She didn’t say it with heat, though, and he laughed, a rumbly sound that tickled over her and made her inner wolf wake with a start to peer with interest at the stranger.





3 comments:

  1. Bea @ Bea's Book Nook3 March 2014 at 17:08

    Oooo, interesting. Maybe I'll move her up my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very, very funny! If you want to read a mindless comedy this one is it

    ReplyDelete
  3. BarkLessWagMore3 March 2014 at 21:00

    I loved the smart-assed humor in the Eve Langlais book I read last year and keep meaning to read more of her work.

    ReplyDelete