Friday 14 March 2014

ARC Review: Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha

Title: Beyond Jealousy 
Series: Beyond #4
Author: Kit Rocha

Clicking on it sends you to Goodreads
She’s been looking for the perfect man. She found two.
When Rachel Riley sacrificed a life in Eden to protect the O’Kanes, she earned her place in the powerful Sector Four gang. But the former crime princess is tired of being everyone’s sweet little sister . It’s time for her to get wild, to embrace her fantasies as only an O’Kane can—with a delicious exiled soldier and the gang’s wickedly sinful tattoo artist.
A saint... 
Lorenzo Cruz is a warrior, taught by his commanding officers in Eden that involvement equals distraction. Emotion is a liability, and desire a sin. In Sector Four, he finds decadence, shameless sex—and his own dark urges. No battle strategy prepared him for how Rachel makes his heart race…or the way his rival for her affections sets his blood on fire.
...and a sinner. 
Ace Santana has a dirty reputation and a mind to match, especially where his new lovers are concerned. He’s eager to help Cruz embrace his dominant side, and to explore the lines between pleasure and pain with Rachel. But corrupting them quickly becomes an obsession, a need he can’t deny—and a love he never imagined.
Three hearts on the line means a hundred ways their ménage a trois could go wrong. After all, even O’Kanes do forever two-by-two. One of them could be the missing piece that makes them all whole…or a temporary diversion destined for a broken heart.




Oh my fucking god! This is my favorite book in the series! It’s just amazing! Just imagine Ace and Cruz and Rachel and what fucked up stuff they have to get over together. It’s 10 times more than that :D I went through all the emotional range with this one: I cried, I laughed, I was horny, I was mad[ok, enraged], I was scared, I was straight up happy… It was a pleasure to read and I couldn’t put it down, not even to sleep[I fell asleep with my e-reader in hand].


The book starts with a bang: Rachel watching Cruz beat the crap out of 3 dudes in the cage *fans self* and it continues like that. The 3 of them are lovely characters apart, but together… well, expect an explosion :D I love how Ms. Rocha has them all work through their problems, they aren’t perfect and they don’t NEED to be to be loved, I think that’s the most important thing.

Rachel is a strong woman, compassionate and just a beat weary of relationship. She wasn’t always like that, but Ace being an idiot, damaged her a little. We see her open up again and trusting him and Cruz, and what they can give her. She’s lost herself a bit, but she’s not afraid to fight for what she wants. Cruz is from Eden and, more importantly, he was an elite soldier. In this book we see the culmination of him accepting himself, his needs and the people who matter the most to him. Ace, he’s the most fucked up of them all. He doesn’t believe he can be loved, he is convinced he’s so damaged, broken that they wouldn’t even want to try!  He’s used to step in, give pleasure, share himself superficially and then get out. That’s not that happens and I’m happy that they accept him even after he takes such a stupid, stupid decision.



This book has it all: very, VERY hot sex, Rachel and the boys are on fire! We find out who was counterfeiting O’Kane liqueur[morons, all of them], we meet Rachel’s dad[she’s so better of without him if you ask me], we catch up to Dallas and Lex, to Trix and Jade, we find a bit about Mad and his history[heartbreaking]… This book is THE SHIT!

Oh, and when you see how it ends you’ll just want to go to Ms. Rocha’s home and beg her, BEG I say, to tell you what happens next :D

Rating: 

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read Kit Rocha yet, I'll have to try. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you have to try them/her! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read book 1 last week, and I'm hooked! But I'm going to pace myself, though it may be hard, so I probably won't read book 2 for another month or so.
    Who knows if I'll actually be able to stick to that goal! lol
    Great review, Rachel and Ace definitely caught my attention, so I'm anxious to see how their story turns out!
    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL How will you do that?? I haven't managed to do it :D Will you tell me if you can actually do it?
    You have to meet Cruz as well... this pair sizzles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I manage to resist, I'll let you know my secret! lol. It all depends on my mood; I can't read too many of the same types of books in a row, or I get burned out, so I find with many series, even when I LOOOVE them, it's best if I give myself a little break. Could be a few days, could be a few months . . . Just depends. :D
    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arg. I still need to read these. They've been on the list since the first came out just not had the time between review books. Lordy I need to find a way to read more every day. lol

    ReplyDelete