Monday 21 October 2013

Quote-Tastic(6): "The Good, the Bad, and the Undead" by Kim Harrison


This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!


It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.


This week I chose a scene from a book that I am reading now. I am late to the show, but I am glad that I joined :D. Now let me present The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows #2) by Kim Harrison:


Trent and Rachel talking:

“Come work for me, and I’ll tell you.”


My eyes went to his. “You are a thief, a cheat, a murderer, and a not-nice man,” I said calmly. “I don’t like you.”


He shrugged, the motion making him look utterly harmless. “I’m not a thief,” he said. “And I don’t mind manipulating you into working for me when I need it.” He smiled, showing me perfect teeth. “I enjoy it, actually.”







I'm not a big fan or UF without a love story that starts in the 1st book, but damn this series has me hooked! I like everything: the world, the characters(even Rachel), the story, the mysteries... I'm all in!


To read more about the series and the author visit Kim Harrison on her websiteblog or Facebook page.

10 comments:

  1. At least he's honest about his manipulations. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes :)) We have to admire that :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a honest man. This series is on my soon to read list. Great quote

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got book one on my review list for this next month. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did! It's straight UF with no romantic stuff though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to start Kim Harrisons books on audio I've been looking forward to it for a while I've read excerpts and seen quotes the books sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I'll look for a sample to see the voice of the narrator :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you been doing the read along with Kim Harrison? I haven't been reading along, but I have been following along, leading up to the next book.. with Trent on the Cover! Whoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have... I just started the series actually :D

    ReplyDelete