Tuesday 1 October 2013

October Random Reads[#2]: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by Sarah at I’m Loving Books. This feature is to get us reading a random book within the month that is in our TBR stack.

Want to join in on Random Reads?

1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf
2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
4. Link up to your Random Reads post. If you choose more than one book per month, be sure to put a number by your name in the list so it doesn’t look like a duplicate.
5. Read and be merry.

Random.org  picked 22 from my MAYBE shelf!

Obsidian (Lux #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

It's been my MAYBE shelf from the 12th of December 2012, it was recommended by one of my friends. She loves it and re-reads it regularly... I hope I love it as much as she does... even if it's a YA *sigh*

.

.

About September's book:

What a Wicked Earl Wants by Vicky Dreiling didn't agree with me at all! I didn't have the patience to read more then 10%. I didn't like the characters and didn't feel connected to them and the writing style felt very pompous.

7 comments:

  1. These books are AMAZING! The whole series is seriously so good. A lot of people I know who don't like YA love this series still so hopefully you do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Obsidian! Good choice. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually wasn't a huge fan of Obsidian because I didn't like Daemon (he was just too much of a jerk for me in the first book), but I thought that the series got better and better and really loved Opal! (I'm hoping I love Origin just as much!)

    Check out my October Random Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love jerks! :D Hope I love the book, because I won't try the next otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED Obsidian. It was actually a reread for me this year and I rarely reread books (with the exception of Harry Potter).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh... It makes me even more curious!

    ReplyDelete