Monday 7 October 2013

Quote-Tastic(4): "Always On My Mind" by Jill Shalvis



This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!

It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

This week I chose a scene from a contemporary I finished a few weeks ago. It's from one of my favorite contemporary authors, Jill Shalvis :

She smiled and handed him a small white bag. “Happy birthday.”


He should have known she would remember. She always remembered. “What is it?” he asked cautiously. And with good reason. One year, she’d gotten him a gift certificate for a spa treatment that had turned out to be for a male Brazilian wax. He’d never cashed that one in… Another year, she’d left him a pair of really huge women’s underpants on his truck antenna out in front of the station along with a “love note” from a secret admirer. That one had taken a while to live down.


“Open it,” she said, sounding far too innocent.


“Do I need insurance first?”


“Maybe it’s just what you wanted,” she said.


What he wanted was her in his bed wearing nothing but those sexy shoes. He started to open the bag, and Kevin moved in close, licking his chops hopefully.


“You already got yours,” Jack told him.


Kevin whined.


“I’ll tell you what,” Jack told him. “If you sit, maybe I’ll share.”


Kevin offered a paw.


“No, I said sit.”


Kevin barked.


Leah laughed, the sound going a long way toward reviving Jack. Shaking his head, he opened the bag. Cream cheese croissants. “I like the lack of public humiliation with this one,” he said as he pulled the first one from the bag.



To read more about the series and the author visit Jill's website.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun couple. And I'm hoping Kevin is a dog...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh I can't wait to find time to read this one. Love the Lucky Harbor series and they sound like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've seen this one around and have been a bit curious. Is it a friends turned lovers? I love those!

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very funny, Ms Shalvis writes one of the best books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, that's definitely not what I was expecting in the package, but a funny quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It gets even better! It's a well executed friends to lovers! Jill Shalvis writes great books...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has a weired sense of humor, the heroine I mean :))
    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a lot of rave reviews for JS's books but I haven't tried any out yet. I definitely enjoyed the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you want to try her, try this series. IMO it's her best

    ReplyDelete