Friday 4 October 2013

Review: Lucas by D.B. Reynolds

Title: Lucas

Series: Vampires in America #6

Author: D.B. Reynolds




THE BADLANDS of SOUTH DAKOTA . . . haunting landscapes, legendary outlaws, and . . . vampires?


LUCAS DONLON, Vampire Lord, is one of the most powerful vampires in North America and beyond. Charming and irreverent to his friends and lovers, he enjoys everything about his life as a vampire. But when a neighboring lord makes the mistake of declaring war, he quickly discovers that Lucas is every bit as lethal as he is charming.

KATHRYN HUNTER doesn't care about powerful vampires or their wars. Her baby brother is missing and she will do anything to find him, even if it means going against both her FBI bosses and the local vampire lord. But Lucas Donlon has other plans for the lovely FBI agent who's landed on his doorstep.

Waging war against their enemies and each other, Lucas and Kathryn will risk everything to keep the most deadly vampire war in hundreds of years from engulfing every vampire, and human, in North America.




 Joint review with my friend Maru


Lucas:

Kathryn

Aly: Hello guys... Me and Maru finially started to review this last book out from the Vampires in America series, btw you really have to read it
Maru: Yes peeps! IT’s a paranormal must!!
Aly: Maru tell me how you feel now that we've finished all the books ut in the series?
Maru: I feel like I can to read the next one!! Did you read the epilogue!?!? My gosh..I see great things to come in this series! What about you?
Aly: I am a little bit sad, 'cuz I don't know when the next one is out :)) Yes, the epilogue...That dude Aden sure was.... determined :>
Maru: A determined SOB who I think will die at Raphael´s hand
Aly: I don't think so =))
Maru: I hope so...ahahaha Ok, so for this book overall, what did you think?
Aly: It was great, though the kidnapping thing was a little bit... redundant.
Maru: Yes...I think that she needed some background to get the hero & heroines cross their paths
Aly: That's true...
Maru: I really like the interactions they had, how they started. I think it´s one of my fave couples
Aly: They were great together :)) Mine too, after Raphael and Cyn ;;)
Maru: Yes!! Of course!!
Aly: Now, the thing that really stayed with me was the brutal vampire war. What do you think of the tactics and the war in general?
Maru: Agreed!! It´s one of the most bloody books of the series. I really don´t understand shite about them, but I think that whatever helped the good guys win worked

Aly: The way that idiot Klemens attacked the children and women...
Maru: the bad guys were really, really bad, like down to their very core
Aly: I can't believe that they would do that!
Maru: Exactly!! like who does that!?!?Crazy mother-f****rs.
Aly: We're so not cut out for that stuff :))
Maru: Yes, not one bit. But overall I think it helped as tease to what will come in the upcoming books.
Aly: That's for sure! I wonder how that Maggie will do , I kind of see her dusted
Maru: Soooo all in all the plot worked out. Ahaha me too!! Seriously Aly, quit reading my mind!
Aly: =)) I'll try.
Maru: Hahah
Aly: I loved Lucas' power.
Maru: Ha - me too!!!
Aly: I think it's one of the coolest that we've seen.
Maru: I liked also that we got to learn about vamp stuff too
Aly: Yes. I like how she keeps building the world up. Now I wanna know: what did you like most in Lucas?

Maru: The world building keeps getting better with each book. Mmm...his bluntness, the way he took what he wanted and how good he seemed in the sack. You? Ohhh...and that he LOVED horses, brings to mind the saying "save a horse, ride a cowboy"
Aly: I actually loved his Irish =)))))))))))))
Maru: And THAT!!!
Aly: And of Kathryn?
Maru: Kickass
Aly: Mhm, and her love of family!
Maru: I really liked her!
Aly: I really admired her, that she didn't back down.
Maru: Yeah, she had clear her goals and didn´t quit when things got though.
Aly: Last thing: the ending! Both of them gave their pride up and met in the middle it was great!
Maru: Yes!!! LOVED IT!!!!!! I think that´s all ... at least for me. And the things I forgot you brought them up.
Aly: For me too... now, I don't even have to ask, but the rating would be...?
Maru: 5? or 4.5?
Aly: 5 for me had too much fun reading it to give it less
Maru: 5 for me too

BONUS:

We couldn’t decide between pictures =))

Rating: rating45

Older review

2 comments:

  1. I love your reviews! :D I think I read this before but i read it while waiting for a new release in one my favorite series so I don't think I really took it in, will read it again though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the sweetest things anyone has told me!
    The next book in the series will be out in November :)

    ReplyDelete