Saturday 19 October 2013

Review: Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare

Title: Hard Evidence 


Review: I-Team #2


Author: Pamela Clare



After the murder of a teenage girl, a mysterious man in a black leather jacket was seen lurking near the crime scene. Investigative reporter Tessa Novak has him in her sights as the culprit…


That man was Julian Darcangelo, an undercover FBI agent working with the Denver police. He’s closing in on the trail of a human trafficker and killer. Tessa’s accusations could blow his cover, and he wants her off the investigation.


But just as Tessa has made Julian a target of interest, she is now a target of the killer. And as they are forced to trust each other, their physical attraction escalates as intensely as the threat from a ruthless murderer who wants to see both of them dead…




Buddy review with my friend Maru


 

Tessa

Julian

Maru: Hallo Peeps!! We are back!! Yes Aly&Maru reviewers extraordinaire are back in your lives, reviewing Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare. Aly are you ready to roll??
Aly: Yes... What did you think of the whole idea of the plot?
Maru: I think it was really good, though sometimes it was like she want to get hurt, but hey if you had a guy like Julian watching your back...who wouldn´t want to get hurt? What about you?
Aly: I kind of loved it. She really talked about the horrendous thing named human trafficking. She didn't romanticized it like other books we know *cough*the dark duet*cough*
Maru: What I really liked was how the author managed to get me hooked in the story right away. I really like her writing style. As for the side characters, what did you think?
Aly: Her paper frinds were hilarious! Especially when they staked out her car
Maru: OMG!! Yesss!!! Hahaha I laughed a lot in that part
Aly: I couldn't belive they did that! :)))
Maru: Yeah me either!!
Aly: They were crazy!
Maru: Yes! But they were worried for their friend
Aly: How about Julian? What did you think of him?
Maru: OMG...do we have time?? I loooooooved him
Aly: :)))
Maru: I was fanning myself all the time. Loved the shower scene...What about you?
Aly: Which one?!
Maru: When they hook up in the shower? I think it´s like the 2nd time they hook up
Aly: I meant that there were more shower scenes
Maru: LOL
Aly: Not only 1
Maru: Ok, I´m slow today....and all the scenes were AH-MAZING
Aly: Hmm.. I liked him: he was the perfect brooding hero.
Maru: Yes, he was....


Aly: Which 3 words would you use to describe Julian, Tessa, the story?
Maru: Heart-racing, Nerve racking and hawt!! You?
Aly: which of them?
Maru: For the book as a whole
Aly: Julian: brooding, hot, protective
Maru: Agreed!
Aly: Tessa: Relentless, smart, generous
Maru: Agreed as well
Aly: the story...hmm... interesting, heart-wrenching, full of adrenaline. Now you say it :D
Maru: Julian: protective, intelligent and ubber hot
Tessa: witty, stubborn and smartass
Book: I´ll repeat what I said before: Heart-racing, Nerve racking and hawt!!
Aly: I agree! What was your favorite scene?
Maru: Towards the end, when Julian declares his love for Tessa. You?
Aly: The epilogue when all of them meat and finish the roof
Maru: Oh, that too!! Loved the part where the guys are all "Let´s take our shirts off"
Aly: Yes!!!!!! If I were one of the girls I would have fainted :))
Maru: I would have auto-combusted when Julian took his shirt and splashed water over his sexy bod.
Aly: woooh. If you could change anything in the book, what would you?
Maru: Mmm...nothing I think it´s perfect as it is. The heroine wasn´t weak at all, she was super kickass and the hero well...he was to die for...so it worked for me. Would you change anything?
Aly: Hmm... It's SPOILERY: I would not have let Margeux die but stuck her in prison forever! I am a sadist :))
Maru: Hahaha...yeah that would´ve been ok with me too...she deserved to suffer a bit more
Aly: Anything to add? I don't.
Maru: Me either
Aly: All in all it was a gripping book and I know I'll continue reading this series and books from this author.Your rating?
Maru: 5 stars
Aly: I am giving a 4-4.5* It was good but not great. :D
Maru: Ok, that´s all folks!! Thanks for joining us and keep your eyes open for another joint review!!!

Rating: rating4

8 comments:

  1. Oh I really enjoyed this one. Been a long time since I read it though. I totally fell for Gabe from book 4. Holy cow...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across this review while looking through posts it caught my eye loved the review! :D You guys make we want to read it even more now, I'm gonna add it to my (neverending) TBR list it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then we did or job :D
    We have more joint reviews if you want to increase your TBR :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)))) We have to continue soon. Can't wait to see what he did to make you fall for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's just...Gabe. lol One of the best heroes out there and omg the ending I was sobbing. Both times I read it. Was one hell of an ending to that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is mean... so mean! I have to read it faster now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For now I only read Breaking Point from this series,but I plan to read all books from this series :)


    And the review is cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making my way through them... slowly :D
    They are really good,

    ReplyDelete