Monday 14 October 2013

Quote-Tastic(5): "The Rift Walker" by Clay and Susan Griffith

This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!

It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

This week I chose a scene from a book that I finished Friday. It's amazing! I totally recommend it to everyone. I present you The Rift Walker  by Clay and Susan Griffith:

Gareth's eyes slipped open. “You make me nervous when you do that.”

“Do what?”

“Brood. Your brooding is rather loud.”

“Oh please. I was hardly—” His eyebrow rose. “Fine. I was brooding. It's not like you don't.”

“Mine is inherent to my romantic nature. Cloaks and castles.”

Adele threw up her hands. “That's it. You are forbidden to look at any more cheap books about yourself.”

“What are you brooding about?” he asked. “Your father?”

“No. You.”

“Well, that's unoriginal.”

She sighed. “And Senator Clark.”

“Oh, him.” He shifted gingerly and sat up.

“He's furious I won't see him.”

“Pity,” Gareth replied dryly.

To read more about the series and the author visit Clay and Susan on Facebook or their Blog.

9 comments:

  1. Heh, that made me laugh. They seem like a fun couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are :) One of the best actually :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I have them on my authors to check out list. I think they live somewhere here in NC. Or heard mention of it. They sound like they're pretty entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to try it. It's a trilogy and it's finished :D Besides this(which makes it perfect) it has vamps, steampunk and smart people.... Perfect I tell you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get it, which totally makes me want to run out and figure out why I didn't get it. I am contrary that way. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Want me to tell you? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover for this book! Like one of the other commenters said I didn't get the excerpt either but I want to :D Gonna add it to my TBR lists!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to see the cover for the 3rd book! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, You can have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete