Monday 10 February 2014

Va-Va-Vroom Read-a-thon Wrap-Up



I had so much fun during this read-a-thon! I read a lot of books, some better then others, and talked to some great people. I will definitely join any read-a-thons organized by Jennifer(The Book Nimpho) and Lori(Romancing the Dark Side)


The books:
*A Scottish Love by Karen Ranney
It was lovely. Ms. Ranney writes lovely stories and she can make you feel what the characters are feeling. IMO she's one of the best historical romance writers out there.
*The Starlight Rite by Cherise Sinclair 
I like how Cherise writes, but the book made me very uncomfortable. I don't like reading non-consent, and it doesn't matter how it's phrased. 
*Rising Darkness by Thea Harrison
 This one I couldn't continue, it was a DNF at 10%. I can't say what I didn't like, just that I didn't :))
*Die For Me: A Novel of the Valentine Killer (For Me #1) by Cynthia Eden
OMG I couldn't sleep after finishing it(at about 3AM *batting eyelashes*). Reading the serial killers POV gave me chills, but at the same time, I couldn't stop! I'll definitely read the next books in the series. 

*A Secret Affair by Mary Balogh
This book was a complete disappointment. I don't know what happened with this series, but I think it's the worst I've ever read from Ms. Balogh. I love her books and I'll keep reading them, but she made me very weary with this series.

*Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
I re-read it the "n"-th time :D and it gets better and better. 


Covers(clicking on them sends you to the book's Goodreads page):

No comments:

Post a Comment