Monday 17 February 2014

Quote-tastic(#22): "Hounded" by Kevin Hearne


This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!

It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

I had this on my TBR for over a year and I decided to start it. I made a GREAT decision! Kevin Hearne wrote a great story and I love the mythology in it and the humor. Here are some examples why you should try it as well :D



Clicking on the cover sends you to the Goodreads page


“Monty Python is like catnip for nerds. Once you get them started quoting it, they are constitutionally incapable of feeling depressed.”
I love Monty Python!


“How would you take care of it?” I asked.
He shrugged. “I know some ghouls. I make a couple calls, the guys come over for dinner, problem solved.”
“They can put away nine whole giants? There’s that many ghouls in town?”
“Probably not,” Leif admitted. “But whatever they do not eat tonight, they’ll take the rest to go.”
I stared at him in disbelief. “You mean like a doggie bag?”
The vampire nodded with a thin trace of a smile. “They have a refrigerated truck, Atticus. These are practical guys.”
Whoa. He had ghouls on speed dial. My lawyer kicks so much ass.
Ok... I need the guy's phone :D



“I'd have to ask Oberon to leave him a present on his front doorstep. He'd do it camouflaged too, so that even if Mr. Semerdjian was watching - and he probably would be - it would appear to be undeniable, physical evidence that, sometimes, shit just happens.”
True. =))


“It quickly became a tracking operation, though. My chariot could not keep up with his truck. By the time I caught up with him, his truck was parked in one of those asphalt wastelands. What are they called again"?
The Tuatha De Danann have no problem asking Druids for information. That's what we're for, after all. The secret to becoming an Old Druid instead of a dead Druid is to betray nary a hint of condescension when answering even the simplest questions.
"They are called parking lots," I replied.
"Ah, yes, thank you. He came out of a building called 'Crussh', holding one of these potions. Are you familar with the building, Druid?"
"I belive that is a smoothie bar in England."
"Quite right. So after I killed him and stowed his body next to the doe, I sampled his smooth concoction in the parking lot and found it to be quite delicious".
See, sentences like that are why I nurture a healthy fear of the Tuatha De Danann.
LOOOL


To read more about "The Iron Druid Chronicles" and Kevin Hearne visit his website, twitter or facebook page.





8 comments:

  1. I've seen this one all over the place. Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea @ Bea's Book Nook17 February 2014 at 19:10

    I LOVE THIS SERIES. It is so good. READ THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to see that :D I'm already listening to 2 :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks funny! I'll have to look into it. =)

    -Amanda P

    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not one for straight UF with no romance, but duuuuude this one rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly @ Turning The Pages19 February 2014 at 06:09

    I love this series! I can't wait for the newest book to come out. :) The series just keeps getting better.

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does? A better incentive for reading faster I haven't heard :D

    ReplyDelete