Thursday 1 May 2014

May Random Reads[#9]: Sold to a Laird by Karen Ranney




Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by Sarah at I’m Loving Books. This feature is to get us reading a random book within the month that is in our TBR stack.

Want to join in on Random Reads?


1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf
2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
4. Link up to your Random Reads post. If you choose more than one book per month, be sure to put a number by your name in the list so it doesn’t look like a duplicate.
5. Read and be merry.

Random.org  picked 47 from my TO READ shelf!




Sold to a Laird (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy #1)by Karen Ranney
Clicking on it will send you to GoodReads



When Douglas Eston arrives at the home of the Duke of Herridge, he expects to leave with an investment—not a wife! With his brilliant ideas attracting attention all over London, Douglas does not need to rely on the duke. But when he meets Lady Sarah Baines, the stubborn beauty whose virtue her father would willingly sell, Douglas finds himself utterly entranced and desperate to protect her.
Lady Sarah Baines always knew her father was cruel. But this time he's gone too far. Demanding that she marry a complete stranger—even an absurdly handsome one with eyes the color of a dawn sky—is utterly ridiculous. She swears she'll never submit to the wanton delights of the marriage bed. But soon Douglas's considerable charms prove impossible to resist... and the decadent ecstasy he offers shows Sarah that an affair that began with business can end with the ultimate pleasure.
I added this book February 1st this year and I couldn't wait to read it, this is the best excuse I could have had :D It has a very hot hero[he's Scottish and an inventor *swoon*] and a great heroine with an insensitive, cruel dad. I'll start it as soon as I can :)




 Clicking on it will send you to GoodReads 
About April's Book
The Conqueror (deWarenne Dynasty #1) by Brenda Joyce
I finished it, but I don't know what to think of it.  I know thought that I won't continue the series. The guy was a complete asshole and I wanted to kick his ass repeatedly.

6 comments:

  1. Kat and I just started participating in this this month! It was fun to discover this meme/feature :D it's a fun way to get you to read older books that have been languishing on the TBR pile. Hopefully I actually read my book that got selected this month.. :D


    I hope you like the book you randomly picked for May more than your April pick!
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! I always try all the books, even though I might DNF them afterwords :D
    Good luck with your picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kind of book! I don't read nearly as much historical romance as I wish, and I really want to branch out into Scottish romances as well! And he's an inventor? That is amazing! This is going onto my wishlist. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has an unique feel to it. Unfortunately I don't know when I'll get to it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my style of books, but I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope so as well :D Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete