Monday 8 December 2014

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas: Hot Chocolate Mix and Mug


I love making handmade gifts. It shows that you really thought of the person you're giving it to. It also lets you be creative :)

The hot chocolate recipe:

70g cocoa powder
4tbs sugar
3tbs corn starch
Mix it all up and put it in a pretty jar.

After it, write the basic recipe for one mug:
250ml milk
2tbs hot chocolate mix
1/2tbs butter

You can also have fun and write more recipes with add-ons 
ie: a caramel hot chocolate recipe, a pumpkin hot chocolate one, a vanilla and orages one... Just think of what you'd love to taste and write it on some cool paper.

To make the present even better add the ingredients for the recipes written above: vanilla and rum extract, marshmallows, sprinkles, crushed peppermint candy, fudge, cinnamon, whatever you or the lucky person receiving it love to taste. Add labels to them if you're doing what I did and packaging everything in foil or plastic wrap. 


You should always mix one mug, just to see if you have the proprtions right :D



2 comments:

  1. Handmade gifts are a great way to go, especially if you're on a tight holiday budget. The only problem with this particular idea is that I'd want to keep it for myself. Hehe!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, I just wish more people would do them :D And yhea, I did keep some for myself :D

    ReplyDelete