Monday 16 June 2014

Quote-tastic(#35): Steal the Light by Lexi Blake


This meme is about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from!
It is Hosted by Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.

I chose this book because it's the 1st in the latest series that kept me awake at night :)) This is how it all began.



“I have to say I’m surprised,” the gentleman across the table from me said. “I honestly expected someone of your reputation to be, well, a bit older.”
I looked up from the menu I was pretending to study. There was no actual need to read it. I had it memorized, but it gave me time to make assessments concerning my potential client.
Lucas Halfer made a memorable first impression. By all appearances, he was a man in his prime, perhaps forty or forty-five. The world I dealt in was rife with secrets and things that were not what they seemed to be, so I took nothing for granted. If he’d come to see me, he likely had something to hide.
Lucas Halfer glowed with the suave inner confidence of a man who knew he looked good in his tailored Armani suit and what had to be thousand dollar Italian shoes. He was well groomed, but there was nothing metro about him. If I had to guess, I would say he had not always been so wealthy. He’d probably fought his way to any power he accumulated. There was a certain roughness to his features that no amount of polishing could eliminate. It was his obvious wealth that put my guard up the minute he’d walked into Canelli’s for our meeting.
Why would a man who always bought the best be looking to hire me?
“Looks can be deceiving, Mr. Halfer,” I replied with what I like to think of as my sassy smile. Perhaps I could make up for my lack of designer labels with youthful flirting.
He studied me for a moment, assessing me with a singular purpose. Those dark eyes pinned me. Black as night, they seemed to have a power all their own.
And then the moment was gone. He smiled, a smooth expression that spoke of social ease. “A truer thing has never been said, Ms. Wharton. There is a reason we should never judge a book by its cover. Even when the cover is so very lovely. Now, what’s good here?”




To read more about the series and the author visit Lexi Blakeat her websitetwitter or Facebook page.






6 comments:

  1. Kimberly @ Turning The Pages17 June 2014 at 20:31

    I've never heard of this one before but I love the cover and the quote you picked. Thanks for the heads up about this one Aly.

    Here's my Quote-Tastic Monday
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good Kimberly! It is an UF but it also has some hot sex :D so it's a blend of erotic romance and UF with the accent on the UF. It has fea, vamps and demons and the action rocks and so do the MCs. i totally recommend it especially since this story arc is finished(5 books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo I'd not seen this one yet but have enjoyed hers in the past. I love the little bit of rough around the edges under all that polished up male. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say something but it would be a spoiler :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I just read the blurb on Goodreads and this book is totally up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd totally stalk you to see if you like :D

    ReplyDelete