Sunday 1 June 2014

June Random Reads[#10]: Steal the Light by Lexi Blake




Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by Sarah at I’m Loving Books. This feature is to get us reading a random book within the month that is in our TBR stack.

Want to join in on Random Reads?


1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf
2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
4. Link up to your Random Reads post. If you choose more than one book per month, be sure to put a number by your name in the list so it doesn’t look like a duplicate.
5. Read and be merry.

Random.org  picked 44 from my TO READ shelf!



Steal the Light (Thieves #1) by Lexi Blake 
Clicking on it will send you to GoodReads

When dealing with demons, the devil’s in the details…
Stealing mystical and arcane artifacts is a dangerous business, especially for a human, but Zoey Wharton is an exceptional thief. The trick to staying alive is having friends in all the wrong places. While having a witch and a werewolf on the payroll helps, being partners with a vampire really opens doors.
Zoey and Daniel were childhood sweethearts until a violent car crash took his life and left her shattered. When Daniel returned from the grave as a vampire, his only interest in Zoey was in keeping her safely apart from the secrets of his dark world. He has vowed to protect her, but his heart seems as cold as the night he calls home.
Five years later, a mysterious new client named Lucas Halfer offers Zoey a fortune to steal the Light of Alhorra. The search for the Light leads Zoey into the arms of an earthbound faery prince. Devinshea Quinn sweeps her off her feet, showing her everything the supernatural world has to offer, but Daniel still calls to her heart.
As the true nature of the Light is revealed, Zoey discovers Halfer is a demon and much more than money is at stake. Per her contract, she must give him the Light or spend an eternity in Hell. What’s a girl to do except fight for her soul…and her heart.
I added this book January this year and I couldn't wait to read it... I actually wanted to read it when it was published in August last year, but when I found out that Ms. Blake was publishing 5 books in the series and that she'll finish it this June... Well, I had to wait :D I think I'll start the book today, I'm so excited! I'm sure I'll read the series back to back.

About May's Book
Clicking on it will send you to GoodReads
Sold to a Laird (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy #1)by Karen Ranney
It was so good! I loved how we didn't have insta-love, that Ms. Ranney took her time and developed their story. I'll definitely read the next in the series.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah Flood Held6 June 2014 at 01:56

    Sounds like a good read with lots of action and paranormal romance! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope it is! I've read her contemporaries and I loved them so I hope it translates into this genre as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book! Glad last month's book was good - I'm a fan of slow-burning relationship beginnings too!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle Glatt10 June 2014 at 06:24

    Good luck this month :-)

    ReplyDelete