Saturday 31 December 2016

#HRChallenge2017 Historical Romance Reading Challenge 2017



I love reading historical romance, but I conffess that I don't like trying new/old trends like books set in the 20s, American HRs and the like... With this challenge I'm going to try :D

Also, it'll help me review more, which I'm not usually in the mood :D


I'm starting with the Countess(16-25 books) level because I'll also want to review them(fingers crossed!).

Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA also came up with categories(I told you I need them LOL) 
  • Medieval Romance (set between 450 and 1485)
  • Regency Romance (set between 1811 and 1820 in England)
  • Victorian Romance (set between 1832 and 1901 England)
  • Western Historical Romance (set in the frontier of the United States, Canada, or Australia)
  • Pirate Historical Romance (Pirate novels feature a male or female who is sailing, or thought to be sailing, as a pirate or privateer on the high seas.)
  • Historical Romance with a Diverse main character
  • Time Travel Historical Romance (must take place at least 80% in the past, ex. Outlander)
I'll try to read at least one of each(western, piraates and time travel will do me in for sure)





How To Join 
  • The challenge runs from January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017 (books read prior to 1/1/2017 do not count towards the challenge).
  • Anyone can participate at any time. All you need to do to sign up is to post about this challenge linking back to this sign-up page in any of the following platforms: blog, dedicated Goodreads Shelf for this challenge, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or YouTube Channel then leave your link below so we can visit and cheer you on.
  • Any historical romance novel and novella counts toward this challenge (Adult, YA, NA, Erotic)
  • If you want to read other sub-genres like Fantasy, romance must be the main plot
  • Re-reads and crossovers to other challenges are okay
  • You can post a round-up or challenge update at the end of each month. My post will be up on the first of each month, which will include the current month’s link-up and giveaway.
  • Spread the word and use #HRChallenge2017 when posting on social media, post the banner on your sidebar, encourage others to join, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment