Sunday 21 September 2014

Amazon Deal! ANGEL KIN by Tricia Skinner

Angel Kin Deal


The first installment in Tricia Skinner's ANGEL ASSASSINS series, ANGEL KIN is on sale for one day only! The Kindle eBook has been reduced to $0.99 until 11:59 PM tonight. And, with ANGEL LOVER due out later this fall, now is the perfect time to get caught-up while also taking advantage of BIG savings!




About The Book:


ANGEL KIN deliv­ers a richly devel­oped world around a strong story of one angel’s fight with his nature ver­sus a famil­ial bond he thought lost to him mil­len­nia ago. ( 4 stars) All Things Urban Fantasy


I was blown away within the first chap­ter and sit­ting on the edge of my seat until the very end. (4.5 stars) Angel’s Guilty Pleasures


ANGEL KIN weaves a para­nor­mal world with angel mythol­ogy to cre­ate one of the most engross­ing sto­ries I’ve read in a while. I was instantly hooked and did not want to put this book down! With Angels, Nephilim and Rene­gade Angels in a bat­tle, things quickly get excit­ing. I love a story of good vs. evil and Ms. Skin­ner deliv­ers that and so much more in this series debut. (5 stars) Romanc­ing the Dark Side


AngelKin300x200Tweet: Angel Kin by @AuthorTrish is the Sept. 21st #KindleDailyDeal—only #99cents from @entangledpub! http://ctt.ec/c3Leb+
While channeling Robin Hood's "steal from the rich and give to the poor" attitude at a local politician's house, ex-con Katie Logan witnesses a forced suicide. Dirty or not, supernatural or not, he didn't deserve to die, especially not by his own hand. But with her record, stepping forward as a witness isn't an option. On the run from the police and the murderer, she turns to The Bound Ones for help.


When a beautiful woman comes to The Bound Ones, half-angel assassin Cain is immediately drawn to her. But when she fingers him as the killer, he can come to only one conclusion. The twin he thought was dead is very much alive…and trying to send him a message. Unfortunately, that message is: "You're next."


It's a race against time as Cain fights to save the woman he's falling in love with before his brother Abel destroys them both.
Also Available From:
eBook:Kindle: US | UK CA | Nook | iBooks | Kobo | ARE | Google Play | BAM
Entangled Edge
Paperback:Amazon | B&N | Book Depository


Excerpt:


               First, Cain checked the room’s double window and the flimsy front door, then threw the motel blanket on the brown carpet. He smoothed his hands across the sheets and lifted the mattress. He let it go and unrolled his blanket, tucking the corners.
               “Should be fine now.”
               Her mind felt miles away. “Will it be? Fine?”
               He removed his jacket and pulled one of his guns from the holster. The magazine shot into his hand before he slammed it back. “As soon as I find Abel your life will go back to normal.”
               Katie huffed a half laugh. Normal sounded like a dream. “I—”
               Cain paused his movements. “You what?”
               “I wish I knew how to help you.”
               “Well you can’t.”
               She snapped her gaze to his stony face. “Would it hurt to pretend I just showed some compassion for you? You could at least act like you’d considered my words.”
               “Let’s analyze your sweet wish, little burglar. I’m an assassin, which translates to I kill people.” The half angel folded his arms and left no doubt about the arrogance on his face. “Sorry if the facts sting, but you can’t fight like I can. You can’t do what needs to be done.”
               Infuriating, arrogant, and stubborn was not a good look on him. Katie mimicked his posture and crossed her arms. “Tell me, Mr. Super Assassin, are you sure those legendary fighting skills you claim to have will work when you’re face-to-face with Abel?”
               “You think I’ll run from the fight?” A growl slipped through his gritted teeth.
               “That’s not what I meant. I want to know if you can”— she raised her fingers in air quotes— “do what needs to be done, when your opponent is your own brother?”
               Cain pressed his lips together, and she dove into the void left by his hesitation.
               “Family is about love, but it’s also about a shitload of pain.” Katie expelled a slow breath. “When you face off with your twin, the end result will stay with you.”
               “Abel’s my blood, but he’s done wrong. I’ll deal.”
               Katie tossed her hands up. “Say you’re standing near Abel and he’s got a gun pointed at some poor schmuck’s head. What are you going to do? You’d have to decide whether or not your brother is more important, or that innocent life.”
               He clawed his fingers through his hair. “I’d never allow him to harm a soul in my presence. I will stop my brother, but don’t tell me my only option is to kill him.”
               “I hope it doesn’t come to that.” Exhausted, she sank onto the edge of the mattress. “I truly do.”
               “Ridiculous,” he muttered under his breath.
               She shot up from the bed, ready to tell him exactly where he could shove his tough act, but Cain’s hand caught her wrist. They stared into each other’s eyes, but the emotions passing over his face cranked her heartbeat.
               “Let. Go.” She jerked her arm, but his grip held.
               “You should thank me for my honesty. An angel, even an impure abomination like me, could kill you before you could react. No more wishing you could help me. I don’t want to see you hurt.”
               “So we’re clear, if I wasn’t dealing with mind-controlling giants, I could hold my own in a fight,” she said.
Cain’s expression darkened. “Could you? I wonder.”
               The Nephilim brought her crashing down onto the mattress, and Katie yelped. She thrashed under his heavy weight.
               “Overpowered by a body, not mind control,” he said as his breath fanned her skin. “Your nonassassin skills are sadly lacking.”
               He pinned her wrists above her head, leaving her body flush against his. Katie wiggled and tugged, but Cain had the advantage of position and strength. She stopped her frantic movements. Only one option left—surprise.
               She molded her lips over his, the pressure so heavy and intense she could only moan breathlessly into his mouth. The warmth of her tongue touched his, drawing her nerves guitar-string tight.
               The grip on her wrists loosened, and Katie raised her hands until her fingers slid into the thickness of his hair. She arched her body and his wide palm cupped her back. Distracting Cain to throw him off took a back seat, replaced by instinctual need pounding deep within her belly and ricocheting between her legs.
               Cain’s tongue continued a slow exploration of her mouth, lapping the depths, erotic as hell. Her trembling fingers brushed the expanse of his shoulders, his firm muscles jolting the tips as they passed over. Filled with untethered boldness, she ran light touches down the ridges of his firm pectorals. When her thumb flicked a pebble-hard nipple, her bodyguard growled.


Grab the Button!

Angel Kin Deal


About Tricia Skinner


Tricia SkinnerI’m Tri­cia Skin­ner and I write Urban Fan­tasy with Roman­tic Ele­ments. I’m a for­mer jour­nal­ist who dis­cov­ered my inspi­ra­tion to write fic­tion as an escape from “real life.” My read­ing tastes are all over the place, but I’m mainly drawn to fan­tasy (and its sub­gen­res), para­nor­mal, sci-fi, and history.


When I’m not writ­ing, I’m a new­bie “green” prac­ti­tioner, strength train­ing fan, and a tech­nol­ogy geek. I’m a mother and a wife. My fam­ily includes two Great Danes. I’m also a gamer. I enjoy inter­act­ing with my fel­low geeks and help­ing other writ­ers. I’m rep­re­sented by Lau­rie McLean of Fore­word Lit­er­ary. *Photo by Kauwuane Bur­ton.


TriciaSkinner.com | Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads | Pinterest | Blog

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating in the deal blast, Aly! I hope you're having an excellent weekend so far. :)

    ReplyDelete